Thursday, July 21, 2011

A/W 11 fetishism, whats your view.

Yesterday for some reason I bought a fashion magazine. This is an extreme rareity for me. Why, because they bore me. I know what I like, I feel I don't need an expert to tell me whats what. I am the kind of gal who wears what I feel comfortable in. If people think it dont suit me, tough. I have dress days/ jeans days and even if I want and I am home sewing all day then pj days.

So I don't really know anything about designers/labels etc. I picked the magazine up because there was a runway special and I just thought, well why not. I may 'learn' something.

Well it looks like all the big names have all gone 'fetish' . Leather, pvc, handcuffs, the lot. I'm sure we'll all be shopping in sainsburys like that.

What I am actually getting to is shoes, they were big and bold. Now apart from my fabric and vintage machine shopping my other big obsession has got to be shoe shopping. I love them, the higher, the bolder, the better. So this is a bonus for me. I don't know if it's because I am only 4'10'' but I love shoes. Getting the idea.

Well I have been coverting a particular pair for a couple of months now and today I got some
Viv Westwood, Melissa, They are slightly reminisant of kids jelly shoes but deffinatly grown up and to top it off they smell like bubble gum.

While I am in shoe mode I have been collecting Biba shoes for most of this year. Almost up to double figures in Biba alone here are just two I would like to share with you




So anyway back to fetishism, whats your opinion of it crossing into mainstream fashion. For those of us who love corsets and shoes. I think it's cool. But I certainly wouldn't be out and about attaching handcuffs to my handbag. Well not now I am not in my teens anymore. Ah punk, I missed you by 5 years. Ah well New Romantics were slightly out to shock. Teens, baggy jeans and hoodies not that rebelious by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment