Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My simple outfit for the airport

When I was deciding what to wear to the airport for my recent trip to Korea, I had two things in mind: comfort and durability.

Comfort refers to the fact that I have to be in a sitting position for at least 12 hours nonstop. Durability refers to me being able to lug around my ginormous suitcases (and carryons!), without worrying about the fabric tearing if it gets caught or if I make a full-range movement. Yes, comfort and durability; I could care less about looking pretty!

Now, that’s not to say that I was about to go in sweats, oh no~ Not if I’m going to Asia, where appearance is emphasized much more!

Inspired by Suzuki Nana, whose cute, casual, tomboy-look I absolutely adore, I decided to wear this simple outfit to the airport:


Please ignore how big and ugly my face looks here >.<


From top to bottom, we have:

1. A wig to cover my baldness: In retrospect, I probably should have gone with the baldness. Wearing a wig cap for 16 hours straight gave me bad headaches! >.< And at that point I couldnt exactly take it off, since my hair under was super flat (and oily, teehee~!). Plus, the wig was a tid-bit shiny :/

2. Fake glasses: No way was I going to wear makeup! Instead, I wore these Harry Potter glasses to distract people from my purple dark circles.



4. British sweater: I love the design of this sweater! Its a good quality knit with a nice fit. As cute as they are, baggier knits with looser sleeves would have gotten in the way of me grabbing and holding things.

5. Cheetah shorts:I have wanted cheetah-print shorts since forever! That’s a lie; I only wanted them since I saw Suzuki Nana wear them. These are really comfortable! They're very airy so I can move around a lot :D

6. Black leggings: Because it’s freezing cold in Korea, that’s why! I think black leggings are a good way to add warmth into your outfit, without disrupting the rest of flow too much. ^^

7. Leopard creepers: They may have platforms, but they’re technically flats, right? :P Much easier to walk in than heels, at least! I got the 2” ones, teehee~

8. Bag: This is actually my only bag, but if I had the choice, I would have used a dark brown Oxford like satchel. Me like Oxford satchels~~


Overall, I was happy with my simple outfit. Minus the wig, it was very comfortable and suitable for the 20 hour ordeal. If I wanted to make it cuter (disregarding warmth and other things), I'd choose a baggier sweater, shorter shorts, and no leggings. And of course, curled blonde hair and false lashes!



Pray tell, what do you wear to the airport?

No comments:

Post a Comment