Monday, March 11, 2013

Holika Holika Fruits Pop Lip Gloss 5호 Apple Mint

BJD always have shiny lips, which led me to the decision that I needed to get me some clear lip gloss. But why have a boring transparent clear lip gloss, when you can have a green, Apple Mint instead?!





Brand: Holika Holika
Name: Fruits Pop Lip Gloss
Shade: 5호 Apple Mint
Amount: 6.5g
Actual Packaging Weight: 15g
Price in Korea: 6,900KRW
Price on Koreadepart: $6.09 (click here)




It comes in your typical lip gloss tube, nuthin' too fancy:

[ Tube height: 10.18cm | Tube diameter: 1.3cm ]








Closeups:

The holographic design on the tube has not rubbed off on me as of yet!






It comes equipped with your very typical lip gloss applicator:







It’s light green in the tube, but 99.9% clear when you apply it. And of course, it smells like apples! I can’t really tell while I’m wearing it, though. Also true to its name, it has a cooling, minty sensation on your lips!





It is not thick or goopy at all. For a lip gloss, I’d say it’s got a pretty thin consistency. It feels light on the lips, with just an ever-so-slight stickiness. I don’t find myself trying to keep my mouth shut to avoid eating it, you know?

(natural lighting)

You can ignore the tiny crumbs inside the swatch...

But also due to its thinness, it can be difficult to apply a very thick layer--if that’s what you’re into.



This gloss gives a shiny, liquidy finish. It totally reminds me of clear lacquer on wood: thin layer, but very reflective!

(natural window lighting)




excusez my 'stache...

I want to say that the finish it gives is sliiiightly different from what you’d get from a thicker lip gloss. I think the latter would be a bit less reflective and have more “depth” to it…Does that make any sense? In other words, I think this gloss is actually a teensy bit too shiny for the BJD look…




I like the apple scent, and I also like the thin consistency! It sure beats any gross, thick goop that sticks to your hair and gets on your teeth! Beyond that though, I honestly can’t discern between lip glosses. It’s all just glossy goo, right? >_<


Many thanks to the awesome Koreadepart for sending me this! ^3^

No comments:

Post a Comment