Thursday, June 23, 2011

Queen Elizabeth I inspires...

It's been a busy day of banks, paperwork and errans, Even so myself and the kids managed to fit in dinner at the Hut. Happy Hour. Fantastic. All 4 of us fed including refilable drinks for just over £25. Nice one.

I haven't got any made today projects, yesterday's bag is still waiting for it's frame, poor thing.

So here is something I made earlier, as they like to say on the kids craft shows.


A double layered chainmaille necklace in titainium and silver. The titainium is not very co-operative to work with it is very strong which means there is hardly any spring back. Although silver is lovely to work it is becoming too expensive to buy, the ankch is also real silver.


This is truely one of my favourites, my inspration for this design was Queen Elizabeth I. It is a byzantine chainmaille weave in anodized aliminium in a yellow/gold colour wrapped around green glass beads that really shine and have a slight translucent quality to them.

I slight change to the usual bag blogs, but sometimes its good to be different.

Happy sewing,

Sew Vala

No comments:

Post a Comment