Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Birthday, 2011 Edition

 Yesterday marked a new year for me. Yep, it was my birthday!
Sigh, I'm turning so old now. I can feel my back aching already. I've even gotten to the point where I am considering lying about my age, sad huh?

Cake:
Due to my denial, Oppa and I decided to hold simple festivities early, on Thursday rather than Saturday. I like it better actually. It eases me into my new age over the course of 3 days, rather than giving me a breakdown on Saturday. Good idea, huh?

So on Thursday Oppa and I picked up a fruit cake from Safeway. Such a simple cake still looked so so pretty when lit up!

We sang and I made a wish. But right as I was about to blow the candles out, I noticed something.
Was that MOLD on the blueberries?!

"No no, it's just sugar frosting!" Oppa said.
"No no, it's mold!" I persisted. We looked closer, and sure enough, the blueberries were quite furry!! Can you spot where?

'Oh well, we'll just scoop the affected blueberries off,; we decided. But NOPE, turns out, the little mold spores had hopped from fruit to fruit and contaminated 90% of the fruits!! In the end, we scooped off practically all of the top, making a nice pile of moldy fruit:
But that's okay, we made do with the 10% of oranges and blueberries that were left :) I refuse to let it ruin my day! But who woulda thought that Safeway cakes would have moldy fruit on them, huh?

Card:
Oppa also wrote me the cutest card--well, more like drew! When we write cards to eachother, it's usually half writing and half doodling. Here's one of the pictures he drew:
Haha, it's so cute, he drew himself as a little acorn! Perfect, since after his acorn-like haircut I've been calling him my Little Acorn (totally cheesy/corny/sappy I know...).

He even made a little cartoon, since he knew I was feeling sad about getting old:
Caption: Me: I'm old!
Oppa: It's ok...everything will be alright.
Still sad! T.T

.
.
.


Awwww, it's so cute! It's accurate too, as far as me running to the bed to sulk. If you didn't realize, those beanbag-looking things are the blanket -.-

At the end of the card he drew a picture of himself waiting for a hug:
Hahahahaha, so funny and cute!

Hmm, if you still don't get it, I understand...this is probably an inside taste in humor...

Saturday Surprise:
So that was Thursday, leaving Saturday (my actual birthday) mostly uneventful--which is great by the way, since I'm still in denial. However, I got a delivery from my sister! She had told me it was a "little something" to have with my card. At 5:30pm we heard a knock at our door. "Flower delivery!"

FLOWERS! What a lovely surprise!!! But flowers are not little, they are quite expensive!! I was thinking more of a gift card you know, that's actually little! 

Thank you~~~!!!!
 
In most of the pictures I take for fun I make faces like this, but this time I thought it might be COURTEOUS to have a civilized expression, especially since my messy hair and pink lenses already make me look crazy. So here it is:

The bouquet choice is TOTALLY my sister. I mean, it's such a mature, harmonious nice blend: flowers, roses, purple, and red, all in one! I decided that the best spot for them was in our living room, perched up on our pink bookshelf:
 
 Looks so pretty up against the wall! The cat thing next to it is Oppa's mini vanity. He stores his man jewelry there.

Oh and look, whoever wrote the card has bad bad writing, tsk tsk~~
 


I also got well-wishes from my friends, my brothers, and my grandpa. His was the best, he sang Happy Birthday in broken English, so funny!!

Sangyu everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment