Friday, October 5, 2012

I am displeased.

Have you ever had a shopping experience where a lot of little negative things just added up to an overall, bad experience? Well, that’s basically how I feel about Bodyline! (To recap, I bought a Lolita dress from Bodyline a few weeks ago.) Now, each little problem wouldn’t have been a big deal on its own, but when they all added up, I felt pretty disappointed overall.



This is no secret. It’s hard to navigate, loads slowly, and only works with IE (gasp!). I actually didn’t mind at first, but when I tried to order, I had the hardest time ever! I kept getting this fishy error blaming Paypal, and I had to wait in between tries because my shoes were the last pair, so they kept changing in-and-out of stock after each unsuccessful attempt.



I rarely saw anything below M. They did list the measurements (in ranges), but even the smallest extreme was too big for me. Of course you can tighten the lacing on the back, but it wasn’t clear whether those measurements had *already* accounted for lace tightening or not. In the end, I had no choice but to try!

...Aaand it turned out exactly as I feared. I have to tighten the lacing ALLL the way, which I reaaally hate doing. And here's why:

Not tightened all the way, with visible criss-crossing:

Tightened all the way, no visible criss-crossing:

Because you get this weird, random line on your back! Ugh, is there a problem with selling size S, huh?!




People always say you get what you pay for, but tbh, I wouldn’t even pay $53 for this had it not been a Lolita dress! The ribbons and bows look really cheap, like the kind you get in a pack for 3 bucks at Michaels.

I wouldn’t really mind, except that their cheapness stands out from the rest of the dress...


See how papery and stiff they all look?




I emailed them a total of three times. One time, I never got a response. Another time, I got a response a week later. They were quick to blame Paypal (about my order problems), even though it clearly wasn't Paypal’s fault.

The one time they did respond promptly was in the waaay beginning, when I had half-heartedly asked about the Japan trip thingy. (Long before I read the rumors!) And this was their oh-so-quick reply:
-________- What kind of crap response is that?!




My shoes were placed directly into this thin bag/envelope without any extra padding whatsoever.


Now, I have low standards for packaging, but at least double-bag it! What if the bag got pierced?! Or got crushed by a heavy box?! D:



Last but not least, my silcon bra! They sent me a different brand than the one that was pictured and it’s cleaaarly a cheap imitation brand. I mean, just look at it!

Un Bra? As in, Nu Bra?

And let's not ignore this GLORIOUS photoshopping:

(Her head is pasted on!)

And my favorites. Love their work here:

I'm guessing the original brand probably wasn’t much better, but still! It’s one of those little surprises that annoy you, after everything else you’ve put up with, you know? It’s also smaller than I expected...More like a B cup rather than C. Minus points again!



...Sooo yes, I am displeased.

I’m probably just unlucky, but it was just so many annoyances to deal with all at once. Even as a lolita newb, I don’t see myself buying from them again. Especially considering that my money goes to him!


...


But other than that, the dress and shoes are still undeniably cute! I will definitely take pictures once I become less busy~

Bai baiii~~

No comments:

Post a Comment