Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm a little schoolboy!

I like to think that even if I can’t make it as a pretty girl, I can at least pass as a pretty boy~! :D


Ever since I found out about BJDs (ball-jointed dolls), I have spent my days lurking Tumblr and Flickr to collect a bunch of their photos. I sound like such a creeper, hah! But they're so inspiring, and one thing I want to do is to recreate some of their looks that I like.


It’s really a crash-course for me, since their makeup always involves lots of eyeshadow—something that I hardly ever use. For my first attempt, I tackled this schoolboy look:



And my result….



*cricket chirp chirp*


…Well, not so stellar! I’ll be the first to say that I really FAILED this one! >"< Sure, I got the clothes and the wig (sort of), I look like a boy (I think!), but it’s clear that I have a loooong way to go before actually looking dolly...

But that’s okay~ We all start somewhere!! I know what I have to do to improve. Once I realized that I didn’t look the part, I came out of character and decided to be myself, dolly or not :)






▼ I’m supposed to be grabbing the bowtie here, but it looks like I have an invisible backpack on instead!


▼And a half-profile picture, since I think I look best when I’m not facing the camera. T_T


Oh, and these photos were actually taken by my boyfriend. It was his punishment for forgetting my tripod at his work...! He also captured some candid shots, which I think are always fun!

This is me getting embarrassed, as I always do when someone else takes my photo~


(▲ That's a mirror I'm holding! Gotta touch-up the wig~)


This is me reaching for the camera and asking my bf to give it to me:
I think I look either like a creepy person trying to possess you, or a perverted boy trying to grope you


Well that’s it for now! Other than that, I just want to mention that my posting frequency will drop, as the next two months are “crunch time” at work. :( Please bear with me! I’ll still post, but it may be once every two weeks. Come December I should have much more time! ^^


P.S. I’m just waiting for some tights to come in and then I can take pictures of my Lolita dresses! Until then~!

No comments:

Post a Comment