Saturday, June 8, 2013

From a brand that I don't typically buy, presenting the Innisfree Eye Primer!

These days, I’m all about eyeshadow. And as I’ve come to learn, an eye primer is ever so crucial! But I, of course, reached for the cheapest one…so let’s see how this little one fares!




Name: Eye Primer
Brand: Innisfree
Actual Weight: 16g
Price in Korea: 6,000KRW
Price on Koreadepart: $5.62 (click here!)



Very simple and unassuming, the tube is off-white in color:



[ Height: 8.4cm ]






When I first started using it, the formula was very sticky and pasty (see above picture). I’m not sure if it’s the heat, but the formula has since then thinned out quite a bit! It's now a more liquidy paste--though in no way is it runny--and is consequently much easier to spread/blend:

Recent pictures, all in natural lighting:




But fear not; this doesn’t mean it has lost its adherence as a primer! It still becomes sticky after blending, comparable to a (weak) glue stick:


This likely applies to primers in general, but the glue stick factor causes a bit of tug when I apply my eyeliner gel. Similarly, blending eyeshadows also becomes a little challenging.



Evening out skin pigment:
It comes out of the tube as a light beige. It’s sheer for the most part upon blending, but it's still able to lighten/even out the color of my eyelids:

(natural lighting)




Eyeshadow Vividness:
Here I’ve used nude colors, which by nature don’t show up well because they blend in with my natural skin. With the primer, the colors are more vivid, and you can actually discern between the subtly different shades:

(natural lighting)

I will say that I also notice a “rougher” appearance of my eyeshadow/eyelids (refer above). The primer+eyeshadow seems to accentuate the texture of my eyelid, thereby making my eyeshadow look slightly grainy.


Here are some more examples:

(natural lighting)

▼ Now, the eyeshadow actually shows up muuuch better than in the following picture, but the relative difference is accurate:








Smudgeproofness:
You know when you yawn, cry, and then wipe your eyes? The primer helps my cheap ELF eyeshadows stay put through all that! To demonstrate, I've wiped the eyeshadow with a wet tissue--but mind you, I wiped it much harder than you'd ever rub your eyes:

(natural lighting)

Notice how much more the tissue wiped off for 'without primer'.


But as far as eyeliner goes, I’m not so sure. I'm using Maybelline Eyestudio gel, and it doesn’t seem to help with wipe-induced smudging:


About the same, with or without primer.

In other words, if I scratch my eyelid, my eyeliner still rubs off some. But if we’re talking general smudging (no fingers involved), then the primer does help. I also get absolutely no creasing with this eye primer! My lids stay dry and matte throughout the day:

(natural lighting)

After 7 hours, there's a bit of eyeliner smudging (from scratching my itchy eyes), but that's about it. My eyeshadow is still very vivid, and this is on a hot summer day.




I like it! Admittedly, this is only the 3rd eyelid primer that I've tried, behind Urban Decay and Avon. I reckon it's probably a decent-but-standard primer, but I am satisfied nonetheless! I only wish my eyeliner wouldn't smudge, though I must wonder if that’s an issue with the eyeliner itself. I am, however, grateful that the primer thinned out over time; I wouldn't have liked it had it stayed pasty. Would I buy again? Well ignoring the fact that I want to explore what else is out there, yes, I would! And it's cheap~! *_*



Huge kisses to Koreadepart for sponsoring this product for me! You can check it out here, as well as browse tons of other goodies from their homepage here. And thank you for reading my oh-so-long review!

Share and tell~ What eye primers have you tried? Liked? Didn't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment