Sunday, June 16, 2013

Peripera My Color Eyes No.8 Peach Pink

What’s soft and smooth, the color of a creamsicle, and shimmers under the light? Why, this Peripera eyeshadow of course!








Brand: Peripera
Name: My Color Eyes
Color: No.8 Peach Pink
Actual Weight: 16g
Price in Korea: 5,000KRW
Price on Koreadepart: $5.86 (click here)


Note: All of the swatches in this review are taken with eye primer underneath.





This eyeshadow is housed in a noticeably lightweight container, with a floral-design lid and a reflective lavender bottom:


[ Diameter: 4.5cm ]


[ Height: 1.25cm ]







The stock photo makes it look like a peachy pink, but a better representation would instead be the stock photo for No. 7:

Here are pictures of the tub, taken in natural lighting on a cloudy morning:




Here is a swatch. On the left is an even application made by a brush, and on the right is a thicker swatch from my finger:

(natural lighting, in the shade)

Shimmer: It’s quite shimmery! As you can see above, the shimmer can range from unnoticeable or very noticeable, depending on how much you apply--and of course, the lighting. For example:

Not shimmery ► a little shimmery ► shimmery:





Color in bright lighting:

abundant natural lighting

Due to the shimmer, the color seems to vary under bright lighting. And since my camera couldn't capture the shimmer properly, here are some descriptions instead!
  • Thin layer: The shimmer is unnoticeable and the color could almost pass as a nude shade.
  • Multiple layers: I can only describe it as a bright copper/orange mix.
  • Thick applications: Thick applications (like my finger swatch) look like a bright pastel creamsicle, due to all the shimmer.

Color in dim lighting: I took this picture three hours later in dimmer--but still natural--lighting:

(3 hours later: dimmer, but still natural lighting)

See how the color has subdued a bit? In this lighting it shows up as a softer peach, with a sliiight pink hue to it. It got even pinker as the sun set, similar to the original stock photo!




I say it’s quite pigmented, even more so when compared to all the other eyeshadows I’ve tried/swatched from Etude House, Holika Holika, Tony Moly, ELF, etc. Those eyeshadows tend to require some layering in order to get good color payoff, but this one does not.

You can reference the left eye in this picture:






It’s very, very soft and smooth! Not at all dry or chalky! It picks up on my brushes very easily.


To be honest, it reminds me of velvet and I want to keep touching it...






I really, really like it! I love the color (I'm in a peachy phase right now.) And compared to all the ones I’ve owned and swatched (from ELF, Etude, Tony Moly, and Holika Holika), this is by far the softest and easiest to apply. AND it’s cheap! For $5.86, it’s more or less the same price as the ones I’ve been buying, but better quality! The next time I need eyeshadow, I’m buying Peripera! They have many more colors in this range, which you can find here:




Thank you Koreadepart for sending me my new favorite eyeshadow~~! ♡ And thank you everyone for being patient with me~ I'm trying my best catch up on reviews! ^_^



What's your current favorite eyeshadow?

No comments:

Post a Comment