Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Decisions on Plain Pattern Project.

Well after yesterdays non starter on this sew-along. I used my time to play about with the settings on my blog. I hope you like the changes. To me it feels fresher and a bit brighter, just what was needed on such a gloomy day. It really lifted my mood and helped to get me ready to start the project again.

I went through my patterns looking for something plain pattern. I have chosen
Butterick 6747 from 1953


I have chosen view B. My fabric is similar to the floral on the cover so this will be covering part three.
the dress is plain only six pieces altogether (it would be 8 if making view A, for the pockets).
And I have never made a dress before.
The pattern pieces.

This is an orginal pattern from 1953 and the condiction of it fantasic, just take a look at the instruction sheet.




Now ok, the image shows to shorten / lengthen at the hem. Look closely at the lenght of the finished dress in the pictures. Now look at the pattern next to me,



I have had to shorten this by 8 inches. WOW. That feels like alot.


Am I surprised, not really. Thats why I wanted to learn how to make clothes.


Anyway I digress,


Pattern pieces cut out.

And here it is pinned to Betsy to get an idea of the lengh and fit.

Today I hope to finish this dress, apart from the 3 day hanging, before finishing the hem.


 I have heard this is very important , but I am not sure why,
Any ideas...?

SewVala.







 


No comments:

Post a Comment