Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My first circle lens review! EOS max pure green

Name: EOS Max Pure Green
Diameter: 14.5mm
Base Curve: 8.8mm
Price on Shoppingholics: $25.90 (click here)





It arrived in an unassuming bubble envelope, and inside was this box and a lens case:











Closeups of the vial label:











See for yourself! They're 14.5mm:


Natural Lighting:

standing in front of a glass door at noon



Indoor Lighting:

looking up at two bright ceiling lights indoors

mucky makeup at the end of the day >.<





[Disclaimer: I’m no pro lens-wearer! Although I’ve tried 45 different lenses, I really only wear them once or twice a week. And I won’t lie: while many people claim no irritation whatsoever with circle lenses, I am not one of those people. *Every* pair I’ve worn has given me minor discomfort in some way or another. But I also have dry eyes, so it could just be me considering that other girls seem A-ok!]


I’ve worn these lenses for an entire day ( ~10 hours) on 10+ occasions now. Sometimes I have the usual—and I say usual because it happens with almost every lens I wear—(burning) irritation when I first insert the lens. But sometimes, I don’t feel anything when I insert them.

More often than not, once or twice during the day I have to blink a little more to see clearly. I don’t want to say it’s blurry; it’s just ever so slightly less-than-HD. This also happens with most lenses I wear, but admittedly less often with these lenses. Towards the end of the 10-12 hour mark, I do get less tolerant and irritation in one eye, enough that I can't wait to take them out. But! For the most part when I wear these, I forget that I’m even wearing anything! Overall, these lean on the more comfortable side of what I’ve tried.





These lenses alone look lime green, but they definitely don't show up that light on my dark brown eyes! It mostly looks dark green, depending on how bright or dim your lighting is. In dim indoor lighting, it can even just pass as black.



Natural Lighting:


indoors on a sunny afternoon, but with a large glass ceiling overhead:






inside the car on a sunny afternoon; (almost) direct sunlight:






Outside in the shade on a sunny afternoon:







Indoor Lighting:


Half-half indoor/natural lighting;
going up escalator from the aforementioned glass ceiling room:






Inside a somewhat dim, yellowy cafe with little-to-no natural lighting:






Inside a dimly-lit restaurant:






Indirect bright fluorescent lighting (lights are off to the side):






Dim lighting on indoor escalator:






Bathroom lighting:

(I may have just taken off my wig, teehee~)





Sorry for the selca spam, but hopefully that gives you an idea of what the lenses look like! And apologies for the blurry zoom-up shots...I decided not to take closeups (in which I held the camera close to my eyes) because I don't think it's very true to life...If someone stands at a normal distance to you, what they see is different from the sharpness and color and design vividness that a macro lens portrays, you know? >.<


A big thank you to Loveshoppingholics for sending me these lenses and being so patient with me! You can purchase them here and use this discount code!





Toodly-doos!


No comments:

Post a Comment