Sunday, August 25, 2013

Korean Snackies: Chocolate and Chiffon Cake!

It's a Sunday afternoon and I'm feeling pretty chocolatey. So what do I do? Head down to the convenience store and pick up some yummies, of course!

I went in looking for a chocolate bar but I spotted some “Chiffon Cakes” that had me curious. They looked like dense, fudgy brownies! I ended up getting both!



To You chocolate bar:
I was drawn to the retro packaging~




The chocolate had words on it! I thought that was cute ^^



Taste: The first few bites were a little bitter—but I see now that it is 28% cocoa, after all! After that though, it tasted mostly like Hersheys~ Except a wee bit less sweet and less rich! My conclusion: Mm~ It’s a decent chocolate bar! Nothing spectacular though!



Chiffon Cake:
The packaging is so cute! I love the cats~! Happy cats!


Like many snack packages in Korea, it opens like this:


The individual packages had fun doodles on them too ^^




Taste: Mm…the cake is not rich at all! I thought it’d be dense and rich, but it’s quite fluffy and a little tasteless.
My conclusion: Mahhh, I don’t like it...I couldn’t even finish one! T_T I would not feed my sister this when she visits next week!
[Edit: Okay, I guess it's not thaaaattt bad, so much as I was just sick of sweets when I tried it. I still wouldn't recommend bothering with it though. If anything, it's even a little bitter!]





About this new teeny-weeny series: Before I leave Korea, I’d like to have tried most of the commonly-sold snacks in Korea! I had wanted to make a video trying out a bunch of Korean snacks, but the thought of eating all those snacks at once…well, makes me sick to my stomach...literally!

Instead, I thought it'd be more fun to share my experiences of new snacks as I went along, rather than all at once! Unfortunately, this will have to be a teeny-weeny series, since I don’t snack all that much. But nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment