Sunday, September 15, 2013

My new favorite eyeshadow! Lioele Color Eye Shadow 27 Gold Peach

I am still very into matte peach eyeshadows, even moreso now with the return of autumn! I've been hunting for the perfect peach color for months now, but I think I've finally found it! Thank you, Lioele!



Brand: Lioele
Name: Color Eye Shadow
Color: 27 Gold Peach
Amount: 2.5g Actual Weight: 27g
Price in Korea: 5,000KRW
Price on Koreadepart: $5.86 (click here)






Both the package and the encasing are simple and black:







[ Diameter: 4.1cm | Height: 1.7cm ]




In direct sunlight:

I’d say that the color of the tub under artificial lighting is quite representative of how the tub looks in real life.




Simply put, it’s a blend of pink and orange. For the most part, it leans more towards the pink side, though it does depend on the lighting as well. It ranges anywhere in between:




Natural Sunlight (window): Frosty peach. It’s frosty because of the shimmer, and frostier under direct sunlight.



The frostiness can also be decreased if you blend it out—see the Shimmer section below!



Dim Natural Light (window): Soft pumpkiny peach. For this picture I retreated back, away from the window:




Yellow Bathroom Light: : Yellow-orange. Just as in natural lighting, it can be very shimmery or not, depending on how the light hits it.



Pink Layering: I also want to note that the more layers, the more pink it looks:




Eyelid Swatch: Swatches tend to be a little more concentrated, so here is how it looks on my eyes when I use a brush! I don't know if you can tell, but there's a tiny variation in the color between my two eyes:






Slightly shimmery. Unlike some eyeshadows that bear a uniform, metallic shine, this shimmer comes from tiny specks of gold glitter. The glitter doesn’t really stick to the eyeshadow; it’s sort of just mixed in. So when I blend the eyeshadow, the glitter ends up spreading out much further than the color itself:


If you blend enough, the glitter basically gets dusted away:

This, in effect, leaves you with a very subtle shimmer:


(You can't see the color well here, so just focus on the golden specks!)





Medium. The color payoff isn't as opaque and uniform as some shadows. But when it comes down to actually using it on my eyes, it's plenty pigmented! It's buildable anywho.


Finger Swatches:



Brush Swatches:





Semisoft. At first, this eyeshadow seemed dry, chalky, and unpigmented. But like other eyeshadows, it improved after wearing down the top layer. It’s still not quite velvety...semisoft, I'd say! But definitely softer and less chalky than the average eyeshadow (from Skinfood, Etude, Holika Holika, etc.)






I love it! It’s my new favorite eyeshadow. It’s a beautiful peach color, the perfect balance of pink and orange. Very flattering on fair skin! Pigmentation is good, it's not chalky, and not too shimmery, although I’d still prefer it completely matte.

I think it’s the best peach eyeshadow yet. Everything else I’ve seen is either too orangey, too metallic—soft peach and harsh shine don’t match well, I think—or not pigmented enough. Other brands, take note please!




Thank you Koreadepart for sending me this fantastic eyeshadow! There are many other colors in this series. Click on the pictures to check them out!





No comments:

Post a Comment