Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Etude House Silk Scarf Treatment Review

By now, my hair has endured 5 rounds of bleaching and dyeing, and alas, with no special treatment in between! I had tried a sample of this product before and liked it, so I went for the full size. Let's just say now I know why some consumers think the quality of samples is better...


Brand: Etude House [에뛰드하우스]
Name: Silk Scarf Hair Treatment [실크스카프 헤어 트리트먼트]
Size: 200mL, 9cm high
Expiry: 12months
Price in Korea: 7,000KRW


Paraphrased translation: Containing several different seed oils (sunflower, macadamia nut, camellia), this hair treatment repairs dry and brittle hair into strong, silky soft hair—as if you had wrapped a silk scarf around your hair! Leave it in for 5 minutes and use once or twice a week.



▲ 
The tube is soft (i.e. bendable),
light pink in color, and wrapped
with a sticker. The cap is golden
and dented all around. ►



It’s veeery thin and runny, even more so than Suave conditioners! You don't even need to squeeze, it drips out on its own! In short, it's *very* easy to spill, and it doesn’t help that the opening is a bit wide (1cm). ►

The texture is so light that once applied, it feels as though I've applied nothing at all! That's why I end up using a lot each time.


It's only *slightly* moisturizing for me, no more than what a very average conditioner would do. (I used a lot too!) Basically, it makes my tangled straw feel like smooth straw, woohoo! The effect fades almost completely within a day or two. Regular Pantene does way more for me.

I regret buying this. Come to think of it, 7 bucks for a wee little tube is already bad enough, let alone a  very unimpressive conditioner. With all their advertisement about the fancy oil ingredients, it’s funny to note that they’re listed last on the list--preceded even by perfume! Above all, I was disappointed/shocked because the sample was way better (creamy, moisturizing, fragrant, the whole shebang!). Maybe mine was a dud? 

No comments:

Post a Comment